Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - Is it a case of me being stupid?!

Is it a case of me being stupid?!

Get support for phpAR here.

Moderator: Support Team

Forum rules
Support will NOT be giving for 0.6.9 however you can get support for 0.6.9b and later releases.

Is it a case of me being stupid?!

Postby oxfordsi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:43 am

Hello,

First time on the forum so hello all!

I have installed the araade MOD which looks great. i say looks because even though i've installed it, i can't see it. Accessing the settings within the ACP is fine, i have the options 'Aracade Settings' and 'Manage Aracade'. However there's no button within my forum itself to take users to the arcade.?!!

I've just tried to install the game 'Train Robers' as a test by uploading the .zip file to ROOT >> ARCADE >> ARCHIVES and then going into manage arcade in my ACPpanel and uploading the file but when i try i get this error..

Code: Select all
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/file_functions.php on line 344: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied

Any idea what's wrong and how i can get a little logo next to the FAQ register and login panel in the overall header??!

Thank you for your help in advance!

Simon 8-)
oxfordsi

Cash: 7
Donate

Trophies

gold: 0
silver: 1
bronze: 0

Re: Is it a case of me being stupid?!

Postby Un1matr1x » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:13 pm

i just look at the avalible package and can say: you ain't stupid ;) patrikStar missed to add the style-changes, hope i'll get them all together by now [load brain 2.0)

the changes are for prosilver:

Open file:

\styles\prosilver\theme\bidi.css

find:
/* Icon images
---------------------------------------- */
.rtl .sitehome, .rtl .icon-faq,

Add In-Line after:

.rtl .icon-arcade,

Spoiler: show
with some other skin-things my css file looks like, so you may get an impression:
/* Icon images
.rtl .sitehome, .rtl .icon-faq, .rlt .icon-sudoku, .rlt .icon-fussball, .rlt .icon-radio, .rtl .icon-knuffel, .rtl .icon-members, .rtl .icon-arcade, .rtl .icon-home, .rtl .icon-ucp, .rtl .icon-register, .rtl .icon-logout, .rtl .icon-gallery,
.rtl .icon-bookmark, .rtl .icon-bump, .rtl .icon-subscribe, .icon-formel1 .rtl .icon-unsubscribe, .rtl .icon-pages, .rtl .icon-search {
   background-position: 100% 50%;
   padding: 1px 17px 0 0;
}

\styles\prosilver\theme\buttons.css

Find:

/* Icon images
.sitehome, .icon-faq,

Add IN-Line after:

.icon-arcade,

Spoiler: show
with some other skin-things my css file looks like, so you may get an impression:
/* Icon images
.sitehome, .icon-faq, .icon-knuffel, .icon-fussball, .icon-sudoku, .icon-radio, .icon-members, .icon-arcade, .icon-home, .icon-ucp, .icon-register, .icon-logout,
.icon-bookmark, .icon-bump, .icon-subscribe, .icon-formel1, .icon-unsubscribe, .icon-pages, .icon-search, .icon-kb, .icon-geomap {
   background-position: 0 50%;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-image: none;
   padding: 1px 0 0 17px;
}

\styles\prosilver\theme\colours.css

FIND

/* Icon images
.sitehome                  { background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_home.gif"); }
.icon-faq                  { background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_faq.gif"); }

Add After

.icon-arcade               { background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_arcade.gif"); }

\styles\prosilver\template\overall_header.thml

FIND

<ul class="linklist rightside">
            <a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>

ADD AFTER:

<li class="icon-arcade"><a href="../arcade.php" title="{L_VISIT_ROOM}">{L_ARCADE}</a></li>

Edit Link if you have another location for the arcade-room f.e. ../forum/arcarde.php

then:

ACP->Styles->Style_Components->Templates->Then click refresh on all your styles
ACP->Styles->Style_Components->Themes->Then click refresh on all your styles
ACP->Styles->Style_Components->Imagesets->Then click refresh on all your styles

and additinal purge cache

Hope this helps to get the Link and icon on the quick and dirty way until patricStar tell you how to do it "the correct way" ;)

With the php-error: did all the dirs have 777-rights?
Un1matr1x
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Cash: 105
Donate

Trophies

gold: 1
silver: 2
bronze: 3

Postby oxfordsi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks for your help, i'll crack on with the file edits when i finish work. with regards to the file permissions, how would i check to see if they've been given 777 rights? and how would i change this?

Am i also right that the files are uploaded to my server still 'zipped' and not extracted?

Thanks for your help!!

Simon ;)
oxfordsi

Donate

Trophies

Postby patrikStar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:14 am

CHMOD 777 is change via ftp

I am working on code in the ACP which will tell you if a directory isn't change to 777.

Yes when you upload to 'board_root/arcade/archives/' you leave it in the zip file.

It wants to make a directory in the 'board_root/arcade/archives/temp/' folder which should have chmod 777 otherwise it cant extract the files to install the game

Did I really not add the style edits???

*edit*
Ya I added the styles its a separate xml file its labeled Install.prosilver.xml
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Postby oxfordsi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:29 am

sorry to be a pain mate, can you give me a step by step guide to editing the chmod777 file?! Like a dummies guide too! Haha!
oxfordsi

Donate

Trophies

Postby oxfordsi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:39 am

Hooray!

Finally got it all going, except for the image on the index page, checked all possible issues, location of file etc but nothing! Odd!!

One other issue.. i have tried installing games, and yes i have since changed file permissions as 777 (easier than i thought too) however when installing the game i get the annoying red banner with this error

Game archive missing game.xml file cannot auto install this game

Any ideas? I've tried 'Train Robber' and 'Pacman' so far!
oxfordsi

Donate

Trophies

Postby patrikStar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:00 pm

hmm both those games do contain the game.xml file

well not sure how to fix that except to go onto your ftp while your installing the game and then go into the arcade/archive/temp/ folder and then in the acp click add game so that you get the red banner. then go refresh your ftp and see if it created a folder and if so then see if the game.xml file is in that folder
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Return to Support