Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - Data migration - arcade room permission problem

Data migration - arcade room permission problem

Get support for phpAR here.

Moderator: Support Team

Forum rules
Support will NOT be giving for 0.6.9 however you can get support for 0.6.9b and later releases.

Data migration - arcade room permission problem

Postby cieglo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Hello there,
I am having some tough time using arcade room after I had my forum moved from one server to another. The link itself ("Arcade room") is not accesible anymore in the new location. I checked and set all the permissions and was pretty sure it would work well. It does not. Do You have any idea what it could be?

What I get is a message I do not have sufficient rights to access the page with arcade room. Moreover, I experience immediate log out!

It seems the phpbb itself keeps reseting the permissions after the database import (I used phpmyadmin to move the data). The same happened with the medals mod I used to use in another forum. After switching the permissions back to its original state I managed to get it to work properly. I can't do the same with AR, though :( The persmissions seem fine...

Any clue?

PS. I managed to execute games straight from the AP/Mods tab. Does it change a thing?
cieglo
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cash: 9
Donate

Trophies

gold: 11
silver: 10
bronze: 9

Re: Data migration - arcade room permission problem

Postby patrikStar » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:23 pm

hmm i never tried moving to a new server but here is what i would try

download my arcade mod again and get the permissions install.php file in the main directory of the zip and upload it to your forums root and try running it and then go into permissions and if it says its turned on turn it off then back on and try that with all of them it if you haven't already

Offtopic: I plan to make a comeback as soon as I am not working 3 jobs to scrape by.
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Postby cieglo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 am

Ok, I will try that. But do I get to keep my highscores, comments and so on?
cieglo
Jr Member
Jr Member

Donate

Trophies

Postby patrikStar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:57 am

if you run just that permissions install file it shouldn't change anything except permissions
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Trophies

Postby cieglo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:57 am

I performed the update for both - the general permissions file and the acp permissions file - and there's still no change in behaviour.

It is worth mentioning that games are accesible from the acp arcade settings...

What else should I do?
cieglo
Jr Member
Jr Member

Donate

Trophies

Postby patrikStar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:48 am

my other suggestion would be to backup the arcade folders and the phpar_ tables and then uninstall the arcade and reinstall it

then pull in the arcade tables and re-upload the backup files
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Trophies

Return to Support