Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - [POLL] Awards

[POLL] Awards

Discuss features or request them here.
Forum rules
put "[REQ]" in front of your post topic to show you are requesting a feature.

How much would you like awards?

Very Much
71%
Don't Know
14%
Not that much
14%

Total votes : 7

[POLL] Awards

Postby patrikStar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Awards / Achievements (users gain medals)

This is when a user score x amount for a highscore.

A user might not be #1 in the arcade but that doesn't mean he didn't achieve great things.

Each award is is given out only once and is kept by that user permanently.

Awards might be given out as medals and allow 3 medals per game with highscores as bronze silver and gold medals

Example awards
Seal Bounce
Throw a penguin to 300 ft - bronze medal - Penguin thrower
Throw a penguin to 400 ft - silver medal - Penguin launcher
Throw a penguin to 500 ft - gold medal - Penguin rocket

ACP Page

Award Name: [ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ]

Game: [ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ][ v ]

Score Awarded At: [ ¯¯¯¯¯ ]

Bonus Tickets: [ ¯¯¯¯¯ ]
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Re: [POLL] Awards

Postby Gleasonator » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Once again, I'd like to jump in and suggest a bridge between two mods instead of a whole new feature ;)

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=582123
Gleasonator
VIP
VIP

Cash: 59
Donate

Trophies

gold: 1
silver: 0

Postby t527duck » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:33 am

The problem I have with bridging is you're now reliant on external mods that you have no control over. If you want anything custom out of it you'll either have to ask the mod creator to make the change or you'll have to and instruct all the users how to as well.

Heck, no offense to some of the users here, but some people are having issues just getting this mod installed, let alone other mods.
t527duck
Game Creator
Game Creator

Cash: 68
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 5
bronze: 10

Postby kiddo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:01 am

After I voted don't know first, I now changed my vote to yes.

The reason is I woke up today to a post on my forum where a member suggested this exact same thing, not with medals, but the trophees to not be taken away once won.
While I think the trophees should be with the highest scores only, I think this medal system would be just perfect to add to the awards system.

As for the integrating of another mod into this, I agree with t527duck that it would most likely become too complex a system.
Looking at phpbb forums just seeing how many people have issues with installing mods, even ones more simple then this one and running into loads of trouble cause of funny reasons, such as not properly reading instructions, I think that making people install more mods just to be able to use all funcions of this one would not be smart.

If this mod gets more complicated installing cause of this new function, that is most likely better because they can only mess up this one, installing a second one next to this one will not only get them the chance to mess up that second one, but also them interfering with lines of code from this one making it harder for them to figure out what they messed up.

So in short, yes I would very much like this to be added :D
kiddo
Translations
Translations

Cash: 30
Donate

Trophies

silver: 1
bronze: 1

Postby Gleasonator » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Yes, it would likely not benefit many people to have integration. I just happen to be one of the ones it would, so I was just chiming in my circumstances so to populate the survey. I'm actually not sure why I said "I suggest" in my above post, I meant "It would be best in my circumstances". But as the world doesn't revolve around me, I wasn't expecting it to actually happen. ;) So my bad.

If you're curious, I'm a crazy person who's obsessed with his website and is trying to compile as many social-networking related features as possible into one website. This is why integration would benefit me.
Gleasonator
VIP
VIP

Cash: 59
Donate

Trophies

silver: 0

Return to Features