Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - [REQ] Massive Games Install & Point System Compatibility

[REQ] Massive Games Install & Point System Compatibility

Discuss features or request them here.
Forum rules
put "[REQ]" in front of your post topic to show you are requesting a feature.

[REQ] Massive Games Install & Point System Compatibility

Postby starable » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:35 am

There are two features I like to request.

1. Massive Games Installation. Defender's phpBB2 arcade mod had this feature in which you can install all these games all at once. For me, I have over 300 games. Just thinking about installing one game at a time is agony to me. Please please please make this feature possible. I know other forum administrators will be proud to have this feature too.

Here's information about phpBB2 arcade mod - Activity Mod.
http://www.phpbb-arcade.com/
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=204687

2. Point System Compatibility. I'm guessing that other people probably had requested this one too. I just like to number more in that request. Make it compatible with any point system whether it be Handyman's Cash Mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=547021 or Adrian's Point System. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1086515

Please let me know if these are two possible features you can make. I thank you for your hard work on Arcade Room mod.
starable
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cash: 6
Donate

Trophies

gold: 0
silver: 0
bronze: 0

Re: [REQ] Massive Games Install & Point System Compatibility

Postby patrikStar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:48 am

yes it would be a nice feature however there is the problem with all the missing information with 300 games i mean you have to determine the game dimensions then name the game there is also going through each one after you install the game and adding descriptions and instructions on how to play

i might add this in the future

also there is archive support for zip files containing the install xml file which i will be populating the board with loads of games to be installed this way and trust me the zip file installation is amazing and fast you ftp upload the zip click it in the acp and done its installed however it only works for games contining the proper xml file which is noted here on the board
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Postby starable » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:04 pm

I certainly don't mind the mess up details of the game information. As long as the community can play the games and give me enough time to go to each and every game to change the details, I am all good. I just want the community to play it first. And I have a team that can help me edit the games' information. This way there's less of a load of work for me.

Writing those 300 game.xml files are a hassle to installing the games in a fast way. Can you find a better way of approaching this?
starable
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cash: 6
Donate

Trophies

gold: 0
silver: 0
bronze: 0

Postby patrikStar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:35 pm

the best way i can think of doing a massive install i need to find out how to detect the width and height of the flash file which apparently the other mod can do so it is possible

i would just have to had a folder where you put games you want to add and also put image files if you want

so if you upload bells.swf it when adding it could search for a gif or jpg image with the same filename and add it

alot of the feature requests are being added i was having an issue and had to hide all of my future releases because the other mod started taking my features and since he has more time to spend coding he added them before i could

*edit*

got the code for finding out swf dimensions lol i always forget

Code: Select all
<?php
   $info = getimagesize('game.swf');

$width = $info[0];
   $height = $info[1];
?>
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442