Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - [REQ] show recent scores and comments

[REQ] show recent scores and comments

Discuss features or request them here.
Forum rules
put "[REQ]" in front of your post topic to show you are requesting a feature.

[REQ] show recent scores and comments

Postby canadaka » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:58 am

It would be nice if there was a block on the arcade index page that had a feed for the most recent high scores, also a block listing the most recent comments. Each of these could also be narrowed when viewing a category. The old arcade mod I used for phpbb2 had this sort of thing.
canadaka

Cash: 3
Donate

Trophies

gold: 0
silver: 0
bronze: 0

Re: [REQ] show recent scores and comments

Postby patrikStar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 pm

It sounds good but I gotta find out where to put it. I know lots of stuff I could put on the pages but I don't want the pages to get to crowded like the other arcade mods. Lots of people like to use the fixed width styles and those don't always work properly with the layout and adding more will make it worse. I am probably going to do another overhaul on the layout before the final release.
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Postby canadaka » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Maybe they could be optional from the admin panel, or optional contrib code.

I installed your mod on my site http://www.canadaka.net/forums/arcade.php
The main reason i choose it over the others was its visual layout.

I know its been mentioned before on this forums, but a way to buld add or auto-generate those XML files would be awesome.
I have a bunch of games from the old phpbb2 arcade mod, but it seems they post to the wrong file and wrong post variables.

I added a bit of code to my forum index page (where it posts too) that checks if one of these posts is coming in, then re-posts it to the correct newscore.php. I check for a couple different post variables since some games were using "score, points, gspoints". I only recently found out I could posibly edit the SWF files itself to change where it posts too...
canadaka

Cash: 3
Donate

Trophies

gold: 0
silver: 0
bronze: 0

Postby patrikStar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 pm

well if its working and you want to share what you've done post it up here

Yes the visual layout of my mod is better because I am a web designer and programmer most people working on mods are mostly programmers. I made the layout as if I was going to be using it. If I visited the site and it is to much then its just overwhelming and your don't want to deal with it.
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Return to Features