Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - Games wish list

Games wish list

Discuss anything about phpAR here unless there is an alternative forum for it.

Games wish list

Postby cieglo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:00 am

Hello there. Since this is my first post I would like to thank for a great job carried out with the Arcade Room development. Tremendous mod!

Here comes my problem. Right now, the only way to obtain a game (in order to include it in the AR) is to wait for it to appear here – in the games department of the phpar.com. Even though there is an instruction attached (how to modify games to make them work on AR), the process itself is sometimes impossible to be completed. There are variables being lost and some other sorts of errors displayed during the modification process.
I am not an expert in ActionScript and Flash in general – maybe that’s the reason. I consider installing the Arcade Room in my phpbb3 forum an achievement already – I am glad it works and the games which are available here do the job perfectly. Therefore, adding new ones would be nice. Especially with new games being added to the AR forum not so frequently.

I got an idea. Let’s make a request list. Rookies (in flash area, that is) would include their wishes. Power users on the other hand would:
- verify if the game is available at all (can be downloaded and slightly modified, that is; in technical and legal context),
- carry out the exact modification process to adapt the game to the Arcade Room requirements,
- finally upload the game here, so everybody can make use of it :)

Please tell me what You think of the idea.

And here’s my wish list:
- Stunt Dirt Bike (or any similar game that resembles the original available as a regular pc game).

If we can go on with the above, I think the list would be much longer :)
cieglo
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cash: 9
Donate

Trophies

gold: 11
silver: 10
bronze: 9

Re: Games wish list

Postby patrikStar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:12 pm

I will make a game request section if you want. But you should keep in mind that all of the phpBB2 arcade games should work as well some don't but almost all of them do. Or just about any game that sends its highscore to the newscore.php file.

Also my site doesn't really have many visits a day most people that have the mod check back about once a week to see if there is an update if not they stay away for a week. Not really what I want but its how it goes I guess.
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Postby cieglo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Do You mean that I can download any game from - for example - http://www.phpbb-arcade.com/ezdloads.php and install it on my forum the way I did with games available here, on phpar.com?

I tried that with Super Mario 2 and had no luck. After the game was finished, using submit button resulted in error. I did not modify the game at all. What could it be? What can I do?

Is it possible to convert the games available on the site I mentioned so I can use it instantly on phpbb3?
cieglo
Jr Member
Jr Member

Donate

Trophies

Postby patrikStar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:02 pm

a good amount of the games do work but not all of them i am gonna write some more support for those games in the future
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Trophies

Postby cieglo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:46 am

Is there any chance we get the newest Tontie 1.0 in the nearest future? The old one is awesome, but new one should be even better. Can anyone obtain the file and modify so it cooperates with arcade room?
cieglo
Jr Member
Jr Member

Donate

Trophies

Postby patrikStar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm

where is a link to the new tontie
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Trophies

Postby cieglo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm

http://www.eyezmaze.com/tontie/v1/index.html

Here's the page. I don't even know if they made it downloadable. If so, I would kill to have a copy on my forum, too ;)
cieglo
Jr Member
Jr Member

Donate

Trophies

Return to phpAR Discussion