Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - New Layout (please read and give feedback)

New Layout (please read and give feedback)

Discuss anything about phpAR here unless there is an alternative forum for it.

New Layout (please read and give feedback)

Postby patrikStar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Click Here for Image

This is the layout I came up with it is basically the same but I can't decide on the new game layout

Yes type 2 has less info but only because there is a game preview page(gpp) in the release with the cash mod support because it will show the player info about the game before they spend money on playing it.

The gpp will take over the showing of the highscores and comments. It has much more info to show based on future features some of which have not been disclosed just yet so I don't want to give it away.

Do you have any ideas on how to fit stuff better on the screen without dropping so much info tell me or show me a little and no the page shouldn't need to be scrolled down I don't want 5 foot tall pages like the other arcade mod.

I will be working on many more things here again soon I finished moving back to Arizona and I am finally working again and should be back on top of things and have free time to work on the mod without worrying about money issues.
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

more feedback than you would like :P

Postby Un1matr1x » Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 am

After chatting with patrik and talking about what layout i would like most i came up with some lil' extra ideas and he told me to put it back into the forum so it won't be so easy to forget it.

While i tried to write down what my ideas are i get also new ones and so i think it's best to tell it by word an picture :)

• "your info"-box
    every trophy-icon would be linked to a list of games they depend on, like:
    gold -> all games your first place, so you can check out where your best in and can fast view the games info if a opponent is near to beat you
    silver -> all games your second place, so you can try to get the best out of you and beat the first place-user
    bronze -> all games your thrid place, see where you can improve yourself and have to watch out to not fall out of the tops
    wood -> all games your fourth place, you can make it into the tops, just try it once again
    white with red circle -> games you played and didn't get one of the first to fourth place
    black -> all games your last in, just as a lil' challenge to get better, only given if more than 4 players scored in this game
  • "random game"-box
    the selection (on picture) is just an idea so you're forced a lil' bit to try something new or to rate a game (rand is short for randome select :P )
  • "Quick Link"-box
    play new game / rate new game moved to "Your Info"-Box
    new link to games with new comments since last visit (maybe "%s new comments")
  • "Game-Boxes" on the bottom
    see at the picture, ther's also teh explanation why
  • New "Ranking"-Box
    as far as i understand the sourc code of the top-players, every gold-trophy get X points, silver Y and bronze Z, so it schould also be possible to show this score of all games, so you know how far/near you are to the top-players
    if the score matches, it should be compared who has more gold (if also exacte), more silver, bronz, wood (and if all this 3 matches also), less "last place" if this also would be an exact match both get the postion (in the picture place 3)

so thats an overview about my ideas, hopfully patrikStar will have enough free time to build it up o.0

Un1matr1x
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Cash: 105
Donate

Trophies

gold: 1
silver: 2
bronze: 3

Re: more feedback than you would like :P

Postby patrikStar » Sun May 03, 2009 8:15 am

Un1matr1x wrote:gold -> all games your first place, so you can check out where your best in and can fast view the games info if a opponent is near to beat you

very nice I would say that if you click on the gold to check your gold then the list would show who is close like you said how they they are depends on a percentage since its hard to depend on an exact score if they are 4000 away from you its not that close but it could be depending on the game so if we say they have >=90% of your score then that is close if they have <90% they are not close.

The way your random game works is good but i will also do it on a percentage like above instead of more than 5 more than 10%.

I don't 100% like your top rated and most played idea but I did come up with a good idea for a compromise if a game is top rated and appears in the most played it will just be the game named linked and its play count but it will still show 3 full games so that it has games to show

http://easycaptures.com/4895053423 <<This is coded i took a page screen shot in firefox
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Trophies

Re: New Layout (please read and give feedback)

Postby neal121 » Sun May 10, 2009 12:11 am

Man I am so lost in this layout thing HOWEVER, I will be happy as long as the main page of the arcade still shows like new games, top games, most played, etc with the game image and name. I just don't want the layout to be overtaken by text and not game material. :) I also think that either top played or top ranked should have more space than 3. Maybe Patrik you can create an option in the ACP for setting amount of games or disabling some of the stuff. Say you wanted 10 top games and favorites=no.

You also say in your first post, support for the cash mod, do you mean JUST handymans cash mod? Or others too?
Either way, still cant wait for the release!
Deviant Gaming Web Administrator @ http://www.deviantgaming.org - Bringing the Best Games
neal121
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cash: 17
Donate

Trophies

gold: 0
silver: 0
bronze: 0

Re: New Layout (please read and give feedback)

Postby patrikStar » Sun May 10, 2009 9:19 am

I will support all cash mods I just had a poll to see which is more popular

This new layout is identical throne I use now except I moved your info above the favorites
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Trophies

Return to phpAR Discussion