Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/34/d258180810/htdocs/phpAR/viewtopic.php on line 954
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2088: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:954)
Arcade Room • View topic - The Painter

The Painter

General discussion of just about anything you want.

The Painter

Postby patrikStar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:48 am

I came up with a new flash style game and I would like some help making it so I still have time for the Arcade Room Development.

The Main Concept
You are basically a dripping ball of paint that has the ability to change colors. You must paint the tiles the specified color by walking over them as a certain color. You will drop paint as you walk and the tiles absorb the color if the color matches it permanently changes colors and you get points if the color doesn't match it will revert back and you will lose points.

To change colors I want him to dump a paint bucket over his head and have to colors splash down on him and to change colors he must first collect that color paint bucket. To clear his color back to neutral he will shake off the paint.

To complete a level you must paint a specific number of tiles and then the finish level button or doorway appears or you can try to paint all the tiles for a higher score before finishing a level.

The game is going to be a tile based platform game with many features. I am open to ideas and would like a team to put this together. If you want to help PM me or reply to the topic and tell me what part of the game you could help with. (no testing the game isn't helping me with the game)

Concept Render

Basic Flash Coding
WASD and Arrow Keys Move and Jump
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Re: The Painter

Postby patrikStar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:51 am

I kinda got a small part of the concept from this game http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21713.html but when I had first seen that game all i saw was the cover behind glass in a store. I watched a game play trailer of the game and it looks semi fun but rather boring I didn't hear any music and it looked like all you did was go around and paint random colors there was no specific color something was supposed to be painted so it wasn't very challenging from what I saw.
patrikStar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cash: 442
Donate

Trophies

gold: 5
silver: 4
bronze: 2

Return to Discussion